Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thinking about gaming

After watching a TedTalk on gaming http://www.ted.com/talks/view/lang/eng//id/996 I have become even more excited to build my curriculum in 3DGameLab before the summer ends.  The talk discusses how people are motivated by small successes and is he ever right!  As I "play" 3DGameLab to learn how to use the tool, I constantly checked to see my progress in the Group, how my rank is increasing,  how I compare in experience points and rewards to other players in the group.  The way I feel about my progress in the game was described to a tee by Tom Chatfield, I loved that all of my effort was rewarded (by progress and/or rewards and/or feedback), and that progress often opened up more choices and my progress is measurable. 

No comments: