Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pinterest and QR codes


I have been working on gathering a collection of resources to introduce QR codes to the staff at my school.  QR codes are similar to barcodes.  You can associate webpages, videos, contact information and other data with these codes.  You can easily read the codes using a smartphone or pc after downloading the appropriate ap or software.  
Since all of my students' work is posted on a blog, I do not typically display their work in school, so I decided to use QR codes to point to student work online and place them around the school after February break.  To instruct students and staff on what to do with these codes I put a series of useful links in my new Pinterest account.  The "QR code in the classroom" category contains all of these links.  Enjoy!

No comments: