Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Small World....from online conference to lunch!

Today I was fortunate enough to spend the day in Nashua at the Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference I left a session early and hoped to catch the end of a Voicethread session. Unfortunately, it was over and the presenter was chatting with a coworker of mine. I was disappointed, but headed off to lunch. Interestingly enough, the presenter was sitting at the same table as another friend of mine....

We started chatting and I realized the woman's name was familiar...it was Sharon Betts....online presenter of Never Too Young at the K12 online conference I had participated in a few weeks earlier as a part of my MESPA Instructional Technology masters program. Cool! Even better as we chatted she let me know about a solution to the 'You Tube blocking' issues educators have been grappling with....edublogs/tv.

This website will allow you to host You Tube videos on a website that typically is not blocked in a school setting. This is beyond exciting for an education-techo-nerd like me!

I tried it today and I cannot lie...I could not get it to work! Argh! I will try again from my mac. I will not be denied! This will work for me! I have found online tutorials to show how it should work (pretty easy)...so I think there is a hiccup somewhere....More later...

2 comments:

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

Okay, okay...some typos in the first one, plus an error :(
Anyway, I hate to admit it, but I am jealous! However, it gives me hope that I may have my own "small world" encounter when I'm at the conference on Thursday! Can't wait to hear more.